It’s a ‘twofer’ day around here today (two entries for the price of one) – an ‘In a word’ meme from Joanna and Saturday Snapshots from Amanda.
I discovered from taking part in the last meme, passed to me by Joanna at The Fifty Factor, that I really like talking about myself! Now there’s a surprise! Joanna’s come up trumps again, this time with an award/ meme passed on from Holly Dietor of Your Mother Knows But Won’t Tell You. (‘HDoYMKBWTY’ makes me think that I should really come up with a very much better name for this blog that started as ‘an experiment’ about a year ago now).
This meme requires one word answers to the following list of questions. So without further ado…
1. Where is your cell phone? Handbag
2. Your hair? Wild
3. Your mother? Heaven
4. Your father? Heaven
5. Your favorite food? Mash
6. Your dream last night? Surfing
7.Your favorite drink? Tea
8. Your dream/goal? Dream: Lottery – Goal: Happiness
9. What room are you in? Study
10. Your hobby? Photography
11. Your fear? Illness
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Healthy
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren’t? Confident
15. Muffins? Scones
16. Wish list item? Happiness
17. Where did you grow up? Here
18. Last thing you did? Showered
19. What are you wearing? Clothes
20. Your TV? Off
21. Your pet? Cat(s)
22. Friends? Few
23. Your life? Changing
24. Your mood? Relaxed
25. Missing someone? No
26. Vehicle? Smart
27. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
28. Your favorite store? Craft
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
32. Your best friend? Husband
33. One place that I go to over and over? Supermarket!
34. One person who emails me regularly? Daughter
35. Favorite place to eat? Home
It was quite telling to think of some of those, so thanks for that Joanna. Let me know if you’d like the flame passed to you. I’d love to see your one word answers.
Now for Saturday Snapshots. It’s the fourth photo from my fourth folder, with an explanation to follow:
It’s my car – a little Smart cabriolet. I lost my confidence with driving post stroke so for me the smaller the car, the better. I always wanted a soft top so when it came time to change my car and this little Smart cabriolet was on the forecourt, available to drive away (very unusual here), it just seemed made for me. I love the design of this car – it reminds me of a baby’s bootee!
The location probably looks very arty. It was photographed outside an old holiday camp on the island’s stunningly beautiful north coast. The camp shut down many years ago and is now crumbling and vandalised while developers, conservationists and our parliament continually argue about what should be done with it. (We don’t believe in making hasty decisions here).
And finally (I love the ability, in my blog, to start not only a sentence with the word ‘and’ but also a whole paragraph)
And finally…please don’t forget!!!
For details of how to enter, for the chance to win framed artwork plus a designer tee shirt, please visit my last blog entry or just click here. Bonne chance, mes amis. :)